Philadelphia City Rowing seeks to empower local public school students through the sport of rowing.
- The sport of rowing teaches discipline, perseverance and teamwork, reinforcing invaluable lessons that extend into all areas of life.
- By increasing access, affordability, and diversity, we can promote the sport of rowing in the United States and add depth to the athletic pool.
- All Philadelphians should have access to the natural waterways and the rich rowing history of their city.
- Establish a Public School Rowing Team that is competitive locally, regionally and nationally, and creates the opportunity for participants to pursue rowing at the collegiate level and beyond.
- Use competitive rowing as a vehicle to improve the health, well-being, self-confidence and academic success of Philadelphia’s public school students.
- Involve participants in one of Philadelphia’s greatest sporting traditions.